Monday, September 22, 2014

Creative Blog Hop...

Welcome everyone... 
I have been asked by the fabulous 
Shelly Kurth
Shelly Kurth from Sweet Greetings to participate in the Creative Blog Hop
Shelly posted her special post last Monday. If you missed it HERE is the link. Stop by and say hi to Shelly. She is super adorable and you will just love her fun blog. 
Shelly is an amazing designer.. here are a few of my favorites she has designed.
I am honored to have been asked, so here we go.

Who Am I?
(I had a few people ask me about myself so I added this question)
I am a housewife and have been married for almost 20 years to the most amazing man in the world. I am very spoiled and very loved. I have a 17 year old dog who is a big baby. I have been blogging for almost 4 years now which is crazy because I never thought that it would turn out to what it has. I have had many great opportunities to be on design teams and the best part is all the new friendships. I  love the Lord and try to live life to the fullest. I enjoy decorating and believe it or not yard work. I love the smell of a freshly cut lawn. I enjoy reality shows like 24 hours, Nature and Mystery. I am from Colorado and a true 80's girl. That gives my age away but that's ok. Life is good and I am one happy crafter.

What am I working on?
Well at this time of the month I am already working on all my design team projects for the next month. Right now my mind is on Thanksgiving. I try to stay a month ahead of the Holidays so I can offer my bloggy friends some fun Holiday ideas. Let's just say there are a few cards and a few fun packages for gifts. But you will just have to stop by again to see what I am up to.

How does my work differ from others?
I don't think that I have a specific style. I like to play with all the styles. I may not be very good at all of them but I like the challenge. I think that I differ from others when it comes to color. I like to throw crazy color combo together. Typically the brighter the better. I get a lot of comments like "that is an interesting color combo" That always makes me laugh. I am corky like that. I like to be different. Maybe it will catch on one day but I will not hold my breath.

Why do I write/create what I do?
I try to offer inspiration with a smile. I create for fun and when I write my post I always try to keep it simple but informative for my readers. BUT always try to show how much I appreciate my readers. I create for you who read my blog. You keep me inspired and I always look forward to writing the next post. I want you to be amazed or think that is cool. Funny though I do not always get that reaction but that is ok. Maybe you get inspired or maybe you just get a smile. That is exactly what I am shooting for.

How Does your writing/creative process work?
Well this question makes me laugh because I really do not have a process. If I had to describe the madness, it always starts with the image or sentiment I am excited to craft with. I never pick out my paper prior to crafting. If I am coloring an image I pick out my Copic colors while I am coloring. I might be into brown hair one minute and blonde the next. Just like real life. heehee Then the rest just all falls together. I have to admit sometimes it is a disaster and other times it is a home run. Or wait let me be a little more professional or NOT.. lol

Now I am tagging the very creative and fabulous:
Laurel Seabrook
A few of my favorites from Laurel
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Niki Garcia 
I am passionate about being a nurse, finding quality time with my family and papercrafting! I cannot live without colorful things around me which includes fun, mismatched socks. Mahalo to Annette for including me in the Creative Blog Hop!!
A few of my favorites from Niki
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Charlene Cundy
A few of my favorites from Charlene.
  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

These women are amazing crafters and I could have seriously asked so many of my crafty friends and made this a really long post. I hope that you will join these ladies on the 29th to learn a little more about them and who knows you might just be there next fan. 

They will be posting on the 29th of September.
You will not want to miss it.

Thanks for letting me share with you all today.
Thanks for being such great bloggy friends.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

15 comments:

  1. Loved reading more about your process! And great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved reading about one of my favorite bloggers:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post Annette, great to learn a bit more about you and your crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your interview Annette. Ii always love to get a better glimpse inside the world of fellow bloggy friends! Being an 80's girl myself I get it and you. Although our styles are different, you are such an amazing source of inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 80's girls. I'm an 80's girl too Annette. Fun to learn more about you girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome Annette! Thanks so much for inviting me along!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you try different styles...I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fUN...loved reading about you girlie!
    Great picks and I love how you incorporated so many photos in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO awesome to read your post, Annette! I love that you always try new things. colors....your work are always fresh and awesome! Can't wait to see what you have in store in the next little while...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading more about you, Annette! Your creations are always sweet! <3 Thanks for sharing! :) Love the people you tagged, too! And thanks again for letting me tag you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading about you and thanks for tagging me :-) I love your style and you gave me some new blogs to visit too :-) When are you going to drive that fancy new car back to California for a visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love reading it Annette....thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to know more about you, my friend! You know how much I love your creations and thank you for always giving so much inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely Comments..
Happy Crafting